Beacon Laboratory Benefit Solutions (BeaconLBS) is a Lab Benefits Management company providing solutions to Health Plans to help them manage the increasing costs of laboratory testing. Through technology, we assist health plans in lowering test costs while improving test and lab-facility selection. BeaconLBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). Additional information is available at www.beaconlbs.com.
BeaconLBS is seeking an Account Executive. The Account Executive (AE) is directly responsible for managing BeaconLBS’ relationship with existing and new clients (health plans). This is accomplished through close oversight of the day-to-day operations of the account, keeping in mind the ongoing goals of ensuring current client retention as well as new business growth. The AE develops strategies and solutions to that end. The ideal candidate will develop cohesive alliances with internal partners that support the achievement of strategic alignment (IT, Product Development, Legal etc.), take a leadership role in coordinating these resources to achieve the business objectives of BeaconLBS and the client, maintain account satisfaction, and ultimately ensure that the BeaconLBS’ products and services support the needs of our customers.Interested?
Submit your resume and apply here.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the overall team in developing and maintaining a strategic business plan that fully reflects customer’s business objectives and how the company’s solutions align with those objectives and specifically guides the company’s operational, financial, network, clinical and relationship initiatives.
- Understands the customer’s structure and demonstrates the ability to apply this knowledge in business and retention planning for the client.
- Ensures Service Level Agreement performance, assurance of accuracy of clinical and administrative policies and payments through analysis and adherence to requirements of the account’s legal/regulatory environment.
- Leads implementation efforts of company’s Lab Benefit Management program to client, including identification of program milestones, project planning, issue management and resolution, and working with various functional areas to ensure the timely completion of key tasks and deliverables for the project.
- Owns overall account satisfaction with assigned customers.
- Develops strong relationships with the customer at various levels from day to day contacts to senior leadership involving other internal staff to maintain multiple connections and strengthen the overall relationship.
- Develops strong relationships and contacts within the company that support of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates issues in conjunction with clinical, operational and IT teams.
- Builds relationships and alliances with internal partners.
- Proactively communicates to internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates thorough contract understanding and detailed knowledge of business requirements.
- Coordinates with legal to ensure contract compliance.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of the company’s products and services
- Defines customer reports and ensure coordination with the client.
- Oversight of reporting calendar to ensure timely submission.
- Analyzes data and reporting and executive summary development.
- Prepares and supports presentation of customer reports with meaningful analytics, trending and recommendations for program improvement based on findings.
- Ensures all client reports have an executive summary and explanation of data.
- Ensures revenue goals are met, and administrative expenses are managed and profit targets are achieved for assigned account (s).
- Ensures performance standards are measurable and realistic to achieve and/or exceed to avoid penalties.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree with Masters preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Heath care experience required. Direct experience with a health plan in claims processing, operations, network management or provider relations is a strong plus.
- Must be able to travel for the role. Travel will be about 15%-25% on average but could be as high as 50% for some brief time periods.
- Strong project management skills and abilities, with the ability to lead multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams comfortably.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. This includes the ability to explain technical information in a way that is easy to understand, which in turn establishes rapport and allows the audience to gain understanding.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team setting spanning all employee levels and across many different functional areas (IT, Clinical, Finance, Operations, etc.).
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment. Candidate must be a self-starter, proactive, and be able to handle ambiguity.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.