Beacon Laboratory Benefit Solutions (BeaconLBS) is a Lab Benefits Management company providing solutions to Health Plans to help them manage the increasing costs of laboratory testing. Through technology, we assist health plans in lowering test costs while improving test and lab-facility selection. BeaconLBS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). Additional information is available at www.beaconlbs.com.
BeaconLBS is seeking a Program Manager. The Progam Manager (PM) is directly responsible for managing BeaconLBS’s relationship with external and internal operation and technology teams. This is accomplished through close oversight of the day-to-day activities regarding program operations, platform development, configuration management and standards. The PM performs activities including analysis, prioritization and resolution of requests and issues, acting as a business/client subject matter expert in the development of enhancements and reporting, and communicating objectives, expectations, status, risks, costs and constraints in regards to program operations. The ideal candidate will develop cohesive alliances with internal partners that support achievement of strategic alignment (IT, Product Development, Strategic Partners, etc.), take a leadership role in coordinating and completing activities to achieve the business objectives of BeaconLBS and the client, maintain client satisfaction, and ultimately ensure that the BeaconLBS’s products and services support the needs of our customers.
Interested? Submit your resume and apply here.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work on complex problems where analysis or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercise judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Client Services and Strategic Partners (SP)
- Manage and monitor client/SP relationship and issues regarding program operations for client/SP business and client/SP IT stakeholders
- Manage and assist client/SP with requests and prioritization regarding enhancements and reporting
- Manage and assist client/SP with program implementation activities regarding agreement requirements and releases
- Manage and assist client/SP with UAT activities including demoing platform functionality and end-to-end testing
- Monitor SP Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) activities and work plan
- Manage client issues and requests through ITSM incident management process
- Monitor and manage eligibility process
- Monitor and manage prior authorization / notifications process
- Monitor and manage claims processing process
- Monitor and manage claim payment process
- Monitor and manage PDSQ performance process
- Monitor and manage EMR performance
- Complete monthly reporting
- Business Liaison with business analysts, development, QA, throughout SDLC process regarding client and business requests
- Assist team in collecting requirements and building functional specifications
- Participate in determining enhancements within a software release or operational process
- Act as SME for Business regarding platform operations
- Determine User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Strategy
- Develop, build and maintain UAT test data
- Prepare and execute UAT test cases
- Determine and set up UAT test environment
- Manage and execute Pre-deployment Activities regarding platform operations
Configuration (CM) and SOP Management
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and work intructions
- Maintain platform configuration artifacts
- Review and audit CM activities
- Evaluate and make recommendations on improving processes and procedure standards
- Determine projects, scope, time frame, and resources
- Develop project plan and work plan
- Track project costs
- Acquire expert business and product knowledge
- Weekly status report
Normally requires a B.A./B.S. with 7+ years of experience in related field. Masters Degree preferred.
Extensive knowledge of health insurance, claims processing, accounting, reference laboratory or client services. Familiar with integration and application of HIPAA 510 standards including 270/271, 278, 834, 835, 837; Decision Support Systems; Electronic Medical Records; HIPAA regulated environment;
Six years experience in testing, analysis, customer service, business analyst, data analyst, account management or project management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Heath care experience required. Direct experience with a health plan in claims processing, operations, network management or provider relations is a strong plus.
- Extensive knowledge of client management, project management, troubleshooting, and problem analysis.
- Familiar with SQL writing SQL scripts to assist with troubleshooting.
- Strong project management skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. This includes the ability to explain technical information in a way that is easy to understand, which in turn establishes rapport and allows the audience to gain understanding.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team setting spanning all employee levels and across many different functional areas (IT, Clinical, Finance, Operations, etc.).
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, proactive, and be able to handle ambiguity.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think critically.